Friday, 20 February 2015
British Pie Week - #PiePledge 2015
I’m sure you won’t need any reminding that it is British Pie Week from 2nd to 8th March this year – in fact you can see our countdown clock telling you exactly how long you have to wait in our Countdown to British Pie Week article – but you may be thinking “What can I do for British Pie Week?!”
After all, you may have read our British Pie Week article and know that in British Pie Week 2013 we ate 50 pies between the three of us and in British Pie Week 2014 we went even further and ate 55 pies - including making and trying a Python pie! Not everyone is quite that pie-crazy!!!
But what can YOU do for British Pie Week? Well we’d love you to get involved in whatever way you can and here’s how:
Introducing the #PiePledge
In British Pie Week 2013 we introduced the #PiePledge as a way for pie eaters or pie makers to make pledges either before or during British Pie Week about what they are going to commit to do regarding pie. Then in 2014 we got others involved in making a #PiePledge too! And with British Pie Week coming up soon, what better thing than make your #PiePledge ready for British Pie Week?
Here’s some examples for individuals:
- #PiePledge to eat a pie every day of British Pie Week (not for the feint hearted but the Pierateers pledge to do this as standard)
- #PiePledge to “shop local” and buy a pie from an independent local supplier/butchers rather than the Supermarkets for British Pie Week
- #PiePledge to complete Pie-thagoras Theorem on one day of British Pie Week – where you eat pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner! (See our article on Pie-thagoras Theorem for more details!)
- #PiePledge to make a homemade pie – completely from scratch – this British Pie Week
- #PiePledge to eat a flavour of pie you’ve never tried before – like Zebra, Kangaroo or Squirrel
And here’s some examples for pie companies:
- #PiePledge to release a new pie flavour for British Pie Week
- #PiePledge to increase the number of pie-motions in British Pie Week to boost pie sales even further!
- #PiePledge to tweet about pies even more than usual in British Pie Week (though that's surely a given!)
We hope we’ve provided some ins-pie-ration for your #PiePledge. You can tweet your #PiePledge to @pierateers or leave a comment below - but more than anything, enjoy your pies in British Pie Week!
We'll be checking twitter for some of your #PiePledge suggestions and picking some top suggestions to add to this article in the coming few weeks!
The Aldwark Arms are planning a new special pie on their menu every day of British Pie Week:
@pierateers our #PiePledge is to have a new special pie on our menu every day for #BritishPieWeek #excited #6daysandcounting
— Aldwark Arms (@aldwarkarms) February 23, 2015
The Dorset Pie Company have created a new pie for British Pie Week:
With #BritishPieWeek approaching fast we have a new flavour, inspired by our Capital we've named it "The London Pie" #dorsethour :-)
— Dorset Pies (@DorsetPieCo) February 23, 2015
And so have Chunk of Devon!
@BritPieWeek @pierateers plenty of fab pies here in Devon #beef&oyster - A special for #BritishPieWeek
— Chunk of Devon (@Chunk_of_Devon) February 25, 2015
The Lansdowne have a special pie menu for 5th March:
#BritishPieWeek Our #PiePledge is to serve nowt but delish pies to the fine people of Leicester on 5th Mar frm 6pm. pic.twitter.com/ZJktMl5hjc
— The Lansdowne (@LansdowneLeices) February 24, 2015